Previous | Work Items | Next
Section A | What to Do
- Read everything under Section B below, from the top down.
- Remember as many of the following thumbnail definitions as possible.
- Use the provided page number to find the term in the print edition of the Geometry book.
- Visit https://ri4c.com/geometry/ for the online edition of the book; you can now access a Geometry book from your phone or computer.
- Take the following test:
Section B | Thumbnail Definitions for Geometry
- Circle; that means, the same distance to a center. | Page 6
- Line segment; that means, all points between two. | Page 6
- Parallel; that means, two non-intersecting lines. | Page 12
- Parallel lines by drawing two perpendicular lines | Page 40
- Perpendicular bisector; that means, a perpendicular line through the midpoint | Page 18
- Conjecture; that means, a tentative basis without proof. | Page 18
- Inscribed hexagon; that means, every vertex on the circle. | Page 24
- Bisecting; that means, dividing into two parts.
- Angle bisector; that means, an angle bisecting line. | Page 32
- Congruent; that means, identical in form.
- Congruent segments; that means, line segments of equal length. | Page 49
- Square; that means, four congruent segments. | Page 49
- Polygon; that means, a plane figure with at least three straight sides and angles.
- Equilateral; that means, all sides congruent.
- Equiangular; that means, all angles congruent.
- Regular polygon; that means, equilateral and equiangular. | Page 49
- Tessellation; that means, surface covering. | Page 65
- Rotation; that means, a center and a directed angle.
- Perpendicular; that means, at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Reflection; that means, the same perpendicular distance to a line.
- Rigid motion; that means, translation, rotation, or reflection. | Page 73
- Rigid transformation; that means, rigid motions without changes in measurements. | Page 73
- Theorem | Page 73
- Reflection across a line | Page 81
- Translation; that means, sliding without rotating. | Page 90-91
- Directed line segment | Page 90-91